Monday, March 2, 2015

"Race Relations Light Years from Earth

Q.:
As one of the most popular movies produced I find it hard to believe that it is regarded as a racist movie. Why would they even bring that up? I don't think Jake is the "whit messiah".  Wouldn't he have to be like one of them in from the get go not at the end? How are extraterrestrials of race? Are they basing this movie as racist because of this statement "How does it feel to betray your own race?" I don't know I'm confused with that statement. So why did the author change his mind at the end? Are there movies that are actually racist?




A.:
I don't think this movie is in anyway racist and to say that this movie is implies the director is a racist. In the movie the white actors discovery of another world in which extraterrestrials live. They send Jake Sully to the planet to befriend the people and to try and take their riches. So how does this movie to be racists. I guess it depends on ones opinion on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment